Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Back on the Waterway

November 29, 2015
Coordinates: 84.71880N, 76.71279W
Morehead, NC 
23.5NM, 4.25 HRS
5.5 KT


Hi,
I hope that you all can tell as great a story about your Thanksgiving as I can mine.  I had a really nice time with my family in Kitty Hawk, NC.  In fact for the past two weeks I have had nice times with my family and friends in spite of loosing my mother.

Here is a little tidbit of information that I learned from a good friend of mine.  I think it might put a smile on your face.

"Mary had a little lamb"?
Well it turns out that the author of that nursery rhyme, Sarah Josepha 
Hale, is the reason we have Thanksgiving in the United States. She spent
20 years petitioning the government, eventually winning over Abraham
Lincoln who made it a national holiday in an attempt to unify the
country after the Civil War.


November 29th we left Oriental, NC specifically  Sailcraft Boat Yard.  We had some work done at a tune of $****** and we were happy when we left there.

Three hours down the Waterway a loud buzzer set off scaring both of us.  It seems that one of the engines overheated so we shut it off and  backtracked to Morehead, NC to anchor until we figured it out.  Rob worked for about an hour or more to find out the problem,  he found a five inch hose that was split and leaking antifreeze.  After walking around the city and locating a mechanic for the next day, we hooked up the TV and watched the Patriots play football.  I guess everything has a silver lining.   Rob made dinner while I wrote to you, isn’t that nice of him.
My best friend
I would like to say more but I am just getting back so I will write short, note and send pictures.

I have heard from so many friends and so many family members during this difficult time of loosing my mother,  thank you all for that.





The beach at Kitty Hawk







An interesting house, in Morehead, NC

There are lots of small houses in Morehead


Hope you enjoy my blog today.

Tricia

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your update. Glad you are back on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to change your "8" to a "3" but have you located.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing you walking the beach! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "great" nephew reports that you are very picky about the shells you pick up on the beach! :) I'm glad we had Tgiving together. It was "delish!" :)

    ReplyDelete