Thursday, October 6, 2016

Out to Sea

September 30, 2016

Wear ya ben
Whatcha up to
Come agin?
No worse for the wear
How ya do’in
Wear ya go’in
We'll sea


The time is May 30, 2016.  We arrived home after six and a half months “at sea”, well basically away from home.  “At sea” just seems too dramatic, but oh wait, some of it was dramatic never to be repeated, I hope. 

I made a photo album of the trip and it took me until the week before we were to leave.  There are mistakes in the narrative of the book but heck I made mistakes along the way, I guess it is all fitting.




This is what we arrived home to in April 




I had the best summer in my 62 years. Exercising and swimming everyday.  I had no sense of time and didn’t have to go anywhere on a schedule. I didn’t feel obliged to do anything. I think arranging your life so the word guilt has a place only in a dictionary is the essence of a lovely life. 


September 30, 2016 and it was time to go, I will be okay once on the water again and realize that Maine’s summer was not going to stay beautiful and warm much longer. 




Here is how we left the old homestead.



We traveled south in the truck, on the road instead of a trawler on the seas, but only as far as Beaufort, NC where our boat spent the winter.  There is lots of work to be done before we can schedule the splash. With the help of my nephew, Rob did a weeks worth of work on the boat this summer.  The headliner needed replacing, a television and new LED lights were installed.

We made it to Raleigh just in time…
The Trawler and Raleigh update in next posting.

It is nice to see you again.

Tricia

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading about your travels! I always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete