Saturday, January 14, 2017

Stuart Still!

Really! Stuart Still

January 13, 2017

Long story short.  Here we are in Stuart, completing our second week.  We are leaving in the next couple of days for the West coast of Florida.  I told you that we were headed to the Bahamas in January but decided we would wait until March when the winds are better.  Last year people waited for months and most never were able to go.

There are several ways to find details of the weather in the Abacos, the part of the Bahamas where we are headed, and it is a wise mariner who pays homage to the weather Gods. It is recommended that a boat travels with another boat and let family or friends know when they are leaving and when they get there.  More on that when we start that trip.

While in Stuart we have had a lot of fun. Most important I had a haircut from the last year's stylist.  

I don’t want to repeat myself from last year on the high points of this nice little town but I will show you some of the fun we have had.

I had a glimpse of a rainbow so true to form we both ran to the window to see it.  Well, I ran and Rob walked.





A sky of a different color




Rob's photography


It is all about the ride








I was out looking for use books and came across this. The young man asked if I wanted to take it for a drive, I can't actually believe I told him I didn't have the time, but would be back tomorrow.


He is just the nicest guy




Toxic Portuguese Man-of-Wars





Waxing a new surfboard




Jensen Beach



We met Teddy Bear on a morning walk and now we visit with Teddy Bear's mother when she has her morning coffee at the club house.

Roxie escapes the cold north and travels to Stuart, FL




More than one way to hit the road


Sailing dinghy




Beauty in the common bird



Jethro Tull






Just plain pretty colors




The economy is going to need all the help it can get





Onward and upward to another day
Rob's photography



All the best to my friends
Tricia
Keep in touch



1 comment:

  1. Hello boating buddies, We loved Stuart last winter and were there for about 2 weeks before heading west to Ft. Myers. Go see the Manatees at the power plant (there is a park there) and say hello for us. We never made it because of the weather and then efforts to continue twd Marathon. Bright and white here in Maine.

    ReplyDelete