Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Spicy, Down and Dirty and Yum

September 23, 2015

I really should be filling spice jars to take with us but I wanted to talk to you instead.


We have all had someone say, "Do you want the good news or the bad news first?" well I have decided it for you.  Here is the down and dirty.

DO NOT be eating when you read this.

I learned a new word this week-guano, if you don't know what it is you might want to look it up or scroll down for the pictures.  In this case I am talking about gull guano as it relates to our boat. One gull after another found our boat to be a nice gathering place and nothing seemed to work to deter them from using our boat to land on. AND cleaning it off is a full time job hours and hours of work did not fully clean the guano off. You can decide for yourself if this qualifies for the bad news.














Canvas had to be removed.  Here is Rob's detail of what happened with the fly bridge canvas.  

"John LeMole of Gemini Marine Canvas and I removed the canvas and side walls from Linda Jean in just a few minutes. John wet down the canvas and prepared a solution for me to use with a stiff brush. Since the brush was much too small, I had to get a bigger brush to do the work. Constant soaking with the hose and brushing with the solution produced decent results after a while. The canvas was rinsed, folded, finished (sometime) more and carried into John's building to dry overnight. It will be shipped to Connecticut and be commercially cleaned and since Sunbrella is not by itself waterproof, it will be treated. Should be back in a week or so. We talked about waiting until moments before we leave to put everything back on the boat."




My beautiful boat has been christened.  I was thinking more along the lines of champagne.



My dear hubby at work.

Now you can eat.

Rob and I had this idea of bread making on the boat a kinda crazy idea!  We bought a simple bread machine and while anchored in Seal Bay we tried it out.


Slathered with butter we enjoyed hot bread in the middle of Inner, Inner Seal Bay.
Today I am making whole wheat bread to see how the machine does with that.





6 comments:

  1. "Christened" the boat -- you made me LOL! :) There must be something the birds like about you... isn't that considered good luck (because really, what else should you think?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if my last post went thru. Some say guano brings good luck! You are "true" boat owners now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first post I have received from you and it is a good one.

      Delete
  3. Yuck - I will never look at seagulls quite so fondly again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob has never liked the seagull calling them dump ducks and I have always come to their defense they have lost a great supporter.

      Delete