Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Geese, Turtle and Lamb


March 17-20, 2016
Beaufort, SC
Mile Marker 536

March 21, 2016
Toogoodoo Creek, SC
Mile Marker 495

March 22, 2016
Awendaw Creek, SC
Mile Marker 435



I did not see a goose, turtle or lamb instead I have a down comforter back on the bed, I am wearing a turtle neck under my wool sweater, living the dream.  

We had a great time in Beaufort seeing friends, walking to Goodwill (to buy old sneakers) and seeing the sites. It gets lonely sometimes when we haven’t seen any buddies for a while.

Beaufort is a very pleasant town with lots of places to buy an ice cream cone and more important there is a nice historical section of town with buildings from the Antebellum Era.

A native of Beaufort, Pat Conroy, died recently.  He was the author of Prince of Tides as well as other well known books.

On one of our walks we found the US National Cemetery. Marker after marker represents a family's loved one and how their death changed the family forever, always a veteran’s family. 

There is beauty to the way the cemetery was designed, remembering the National Cemetery in Washington D. C. 


Good for them








I like telling you about my adventures and sharing my pictures with you 


Antebellum Homes




Look through the trees at that tiny trawler




Sometimes it is just obvious the importance keeping the green marker to starboard



The time of day offers a look at the homes of the transient.




No two skies are alike




Parting Shot

Bridge over Troubled Waters





Tricia



5 comments:

  1. This blog is beautiful and came through as clear and clean as ever.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you are heading north to come home, absolutely love your photos, have a safe trip back and hope to see you both soon.

    Danielle from "The Pond"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still traveling with Eider?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It doesn't pay to get behind in reading your posts. I got caught up today and there was so much to take in from the narratives to the pix. Just when I was wondering if you had seen any alligators..the pix appeared. Those creatures scare me..truly. I love how you are posting such a variety of pictures..the scenery/water shots are spectacular, the animals, the buildings, cars, and the signs (I collect sign pix and regardless where I go, I'm greatly amused by the wording of various signs.). You continue to be missed at the monthly create sessions and definitely look forward to seeing you in the near future. Continue to enjoy your trip and say hi to Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss you too! Say hi to John.

    ReplyDelete