Thursday, March 17, 2016

Marty, Ginger and Gracie

March 14-15, 2016
Jekyll Island, GA
Mile Marker 684

March 16, 2016
Buckhead Creek, GA
Mile Marker 609


We stayed at Jekyll Creek for two days and we never intended to go there at all.

Day two of Jeyll Island.  Our friends left at eight and we took the car back so we could leave too.  Well, once we arrived on the island and didn’t have to return the car until three we decided to stay the day and leave the following day. 

We had a nice day visiting historic Jekyll Island and the first stop we made was to visit with Marty a famous tiger cat who has his own Facebook page. I am not kidding go to FB and type in Marty Jekyll and his page will come up send a friend request if you like, I did.  All I really want to tell you today is about him and show you pictures of Marty, Ginger and Gracie, I dare you to tell them apart.

We traveled about 75 miles so it was a long day but I want to get to Beaufort, SC while our friends are there. We anchored in Buckhead Creek a nice quiet still night with too many no-see-ums to keep the windows open.  Early start today hoping to make it to Beaufort by sundown.  First challenge after leaving Buckhead Creek was to pass through the infamous Hell Gate without grounding.  I called Seatow, our insurance company, to hear the local knowledge of depths, we were there four hours after high tide.  All of this must be incredible boring to those of you who are not in this crazy boating busy, I knew none of this when we started so I understand.  We made it with flying colors.  Phew!


Grab a coffee or glass of wine and enjoy the stripes.






















There are other kinds of cats not just a pile of stripes



I don't know who is cuter



Parting Shot




No comments:

Post a Comment