Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The quaint and the amazing


December 2, 2015
Coordinates 34.68558N, 77.11960W
3.5 hrs, 20.0 nm, 5.7 kts
Swansboro, NC

Today I am posting about Swansboro, a very charming town.  Walking the streets on the waterfront was remarkably like walking streets in a quaint village you might see replicated in Disney World but more real.  We both loved it, but of course I liked it more because the town had a yarn shop, Christmas shop, nautical shop. You can imagine the idea.  Sue, not true that the further south we go the fewer yarn shops, did you miss this one?

But even more amazing and real was the leader of the boat as we entered the harbor.  I will share more about that later with picture.  Speaking of pictures I think that is all of my post because they show it all.
Outside the Salty Sheep Yarn Shop.  Do you think this is a sheep in disguise?

Quint house in Swansboro

I wondered if is this was a pirate boat?

Talked with the owner, "French Canadian" that had an interesting story about his travels.

My dream comes true. This one is for you, MSV and WFV.  I kept clapping and talking to her and she lead us in to Swansboro at the bow for about 5 to 10 minutes at 6 kts.  I wanted to jump in with her but thought better of that idea. I have wanted to swim with the dolphins for a long time, this isn't second best it is the best.













3 comments:

  1. The "Muscovy Duck" is a non-native in FL and we have too many. I didn't realize they had made their way to NC.
    Thank you for your update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience to have a dolphin join you for a portion of your journey! Fantastic job on the photos - so nice to experience some of the sights with you & Rob.

    ReplyDelete