Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November 3, 2015
Coordinates 39.52626N, 75.80689W
Chesapeake City, MD.
64.7 nm, 8.25 hrs, 7.84 kt

November 4, 2015
Coordinates 38.97670N, 76.47854W
Annapolis, MD
53.2 nm, 9 hrs, 5.9 kt

As you know we have been having a really good time all along the way, yes there is a but. You knew the days weren’t all going to be like that, right?  

Maybe all or maybe some of you know that it is the story that we tell ourselves about the past, present or future that causes us the most grief. Long story short, I told myself I was going to have a lot of fun in Chesapeake City and I didn’t. The details are not important.

We left Chesapeake City at 6:30 today, an earlier start than we planned because we planned to go between 5-6 kts instead of the 8-9 that we had been going.  The faster you go the more diesel you use.  It is called a trawler after all, not a “cigarette” boat.

Rob and I are now anchored in front of downtown Annapolis after crossing Chesapeake Bay.  It was a spectacular trip with sunshine, water like glass and no one around but us.  Well the last part of that isn’t exactly true, but almost.  We saw a few barges, a few fancy cruise boats, but that was about it.


One of the things that people told us was that there was always something to do to fix the boat, well they were right.  In the next few days Rob will be working on different problems on the boat.  I might stay in Annapolis and enjoy myself and one of the greatest parts of the trip is to visit my grand nephew who is the son of the my niece for whom the boat, “Linda Jean” is named.  I will see him and his wife on the weekend.               


 Dream a little and create your own story about the pictures I have today.












Time to eat dinner.  Good night

Tricia


5 comments:

  1. Great pictures! What are you using for a camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish, Annapolis is great. I went to the little college there, St. John's, up the hill from the bay. Go up and wander around, it's not far! You're making great progress. Thanks so much for doing this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular pictures and to have those views from morning to night...priceless...pix of Rob -- he's so serious/focused as he probably should be. John and Zee say hello to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING PHOTOS Trish! Thank you so much for sharing yours and Rob's journey. Both Ed and I are following and enjoying your adventure! ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete