Friday, October 16, 2015

That Ship Has Sailed!

October 16, 2015

Before we could leave Rockland there were chores such as fueling up, filling the water tanks, securing the dinghy.  I asked Rob for more to the details of the preparation, but he had deleted his "done" list.  I think one's done list should not be deleted for several reasons including credit on my blog.
Fueling

Filling water tanks
Eider at the Rockland Breakwater

Goodbye Rockland

I wanted to get this post out yesterday, but I was spent so you are getting old news but good news.


We are socializing this weekend with folks and I suspect we will be doing this the entire trip. Some with very good friends, some family and some complete strangers.  Something I have learned about cruising is that at the end of the day boaters like to have "cocktail" hour and we might get invited to join in.  It is important to know that you have to bring your own cocktail.  


We are in Falmouth on a mooring with a lot of other sail boats. I guess their season for sailing is longer than in Rockland, where most of the boats have been taken out.  

Our coordinates are 43.72835N, 70.20292W.



I have taken several pictures over the last two days ones that I know you will enjoy seeing.


Sunrise
















Well, I really don't want another day to go by without sending out my news to you so I will say good night for now.

Tricia


1 comment: